October 13, 2019
- The Matchup: #1 Ottawa Gee-Gees (9-0-2, tied for 1st in OUA East) at Ryerson Rams (4-4-2, 5th in OUA East)
- Location: Downsview Park (Toronto, ON)
- Kick-off: 1:00 p.m. EST
- Series Record: Ottawa leads 35-2-3
- Last Meeting: Ottawa 4 vs. Ryerson 0 – October 7, 2018 at Gee-Gees Field
OTTAWA GAME NOTES
- Major Stat Leaders
- Despite being held off the scoresheet last week, Morton and Bearne still lead the OUA in goals and assists, respectively. Morton leads U SPORTS in goals, while Bearne is tied for second nationally in assists.
- With two more goals, Morton will set the record for most goals by a Gee-Gees player in a single season. The record is currently held by Pilar Khoury (2013 and 2014) and Deanna Saracino (1999).
- With a clutch, last minute stop in the team's 1-0 victory over the Carleton Ravens last weekend, goalkeeper Margot Shore was named the University of Ottawa Female Athlete of the Week.
- The Gee-Gees have conceded once in their last 558 minutes of game action and are riding a 309-minute shutout streak.
- Three of the most lop-sided wins in Gee-Gees program history have come at the hands of the Rams. Ottawa put 12 goals past Ryerson on September 14, 1997 and 11 on both September 8, 2002 and September 6, 2003.
RYERSON GAME NOTES
- Major Stat Leaders
- Goals: Brooke Pearson – 5
- Assists: BreAnah Webster – 3
- Ryerson's four victories this season are already more than they had in all of 2018.
- Pearson's five goals have made for a nice breakout campaign, considering she registered one shot in seven games played last season.
- This is the first of two meetings between Ryerson and Ottawa in 2019. The team will face each other again on Sunday, October 20 at Gee-Gees Field.
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING
"We need to win all three [to close out the regular season], but I think even more important than that, we want to finish with good performances going into playoffs. It's important to get the results, but not at the sacrifice of how we want to play." — Steve Johnson, Head Coach.