Interested in becoming a Gee-Geee? Fill out our recruiting questionnaire.
Welcome to the University of Ottawa Gee-Gees! Sports Services has a long and proud tradition of athletic excellence. We recognize the significant commitment required to be a student-athlete and look forward to celebrating your success. We also recognize that sport occupies a special place at the university and in the local community. uOttawa and Sports Services therefore have high expectations of you as a representative of your team, your school and your community. Our presence and our profile in these communities demand a high level of responsibility and accountability; a standard that we all share and strive for.
We have selected you as a student-athlete not only to provide you with the privilege of pursuing excellence in your chosen sport but also because we think you fit with our positive vision of a student-athlete.
Enjoy the privilege of being a student-athlete at the uOttawa and in the process make yourself and the institution proud of your contribution. Student-athletes represent the Gee-Gees at all times, even when they are not on campus or competing. Once a Gee-Gee, always a Gee-Gee.
Sports Services’ mission is “to enrich the overall university experience while engaging our community in active living and sport”. As a student-athlete, you are a key part of this mission and these guidelines are designed to provide you with an opportunity to help us achieve our mission.
Our Commitment to Gee-Gees Athletics
Sports Services’ vision is to be a leader in sport, fitness and recreation. With respect to varsity sport specifically, our vision is to support competitive opportunities and celebrate and drive excellence in selected U SPORTS sports and drive visibility, excitement and connection to the Gee-Gee name and brand.
We are striving for:
- Student-athlete-centredness in an environment of excellence.
- Gender equity in programming.
- A quality sport experience for all student-athletes.
- Competitive opportunities for student-athletes in a context of fair play.
- Recognition of our student-athletes and coaches as leaders in their sport.
- Quality sport programs that enrich the overall student-athlete life experience.
- A sport environment that is tolerant and respectful of individual differences and choices regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.
Sports Services’ values help to keep us grounded and consistent in our decision and our actions.
As members of Sports Services:
- We are fair, honest and open in our actions and communications.
- We respect people’s individual differences.
- We support innovation, creativity and risk taking.
- We celebrate our successes and share our failures.
- We are committed to carrying our share of the responsibilities and workload.
- We confront problems and issues openly, directly and in a timely manner.
- We respect levels of authority and jurisdiction.
- We will work as partners to make the OUA, the RSEQ and the U SPORTS a success.
- We respect the rights of other institutions.
Gee-Gees behavioural guidelines: