Our high-performance philosophy is athlete-centered and the health, safety and wellness of our student-athletes are at the heart of every action we take.
Anna Abraham is the full-time Varsity Mental Health Coordinator and Counsellor. She is also a member of the CRPO (College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario) and has supported student-athlete mental health and performance for several years as a part of our Varsity Integrated Support Team.
Her office is located at Minto (801 King Edward) Room C209b and she can be reached by email at email@example.com.
In addition, the University of Ottawa has the following services available for students across campus:
Student Academic Success Services | 613-562-5200 | 4th floor, 100 Marie-Curie
- Access Wellness Resources such as book titles, apps and worksheets related to academics, mental health, social life and self-care
- Access self-help platform TAO (Therapy Assisted Online) to learn how to change the way you think and feel while improving personal, cognitive and inter-personal skills
- Offers a variety of options such as walk-in consultations, online resources, peer support, group therapy, short-term counselling and referrals for specialized services.
- Available to any registered student
- First single session appointment can be booked online
- Visit SASS Counselling and Coaching website
University of Ottawa Health Services | 613-564-3950 | 300-100 Marie-Curie
- Offers psychiatric and psychological services such as short-term counselling, prescribing/monitoring medication and referrals to long-term support.
- Available with referral from a family physicians
- First telephone intake appointment can be requested online
- May have several weeks wait time
- Visit UOHS Mental Health website
- Post-secondary student helpline | 1-866-925-5454 bilingual | good2talk.ca
- Distress Centre Ottawa helpline | 613-238-3311 english | dcottawa.on.ca
- Crisis Line | 613-722-6914 bilingual | crisisline.ca
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline | 1-866-863-0511 bilingual | awhl.org
- Ontario Community and Social Services information | 211 bilingual | 211ontario.ca
- Québec Infosanté helpline | 811 bilingual | sante.gouv.qc.ca/systeme-sante-en-bref/info-sante-8-1-1
- eMentalHealth directory | bilingual | ementalhealth.ca