October 27, 2019
- The Matchup: Ottawa Gee-Gees (0-1-0, T-3rd in the RSEQ) vs #5 Montreal Carabins (1-0-0, 2nd in the RSEQ)
- Location: University of Ottawa — Minto Sports Complex
- Puck drop: 2:00 pm EST
- Watch Live: youtube.com/user/theuottawageegees
- Last Meeting: Ottawa 2 vs. Montreal 3 — February 3, 2019 at CEPSUM
OTTAWA GAME NOTES
- Major Stat Leaders
- A total of nine rookies made their debuts in Garnet and Grey at Concordia in the season opener. Sophie Gareau and Ariane Aubin netted their first career goals, while Alice Fillion tallied a pair of assists.
- Between the pipes, rookie Aurélie Dubuc stopped 29 of 34 shots she faced against Concordia.
MONTREAL GAME NOTES
- Major Stat Leaders
- Goals: Three players tied — 1
- Assists: Audrey Lavallée — 2
- Points: Joannie Garand, Audrey Lavallée — 2
- In their season opener against Carleton, Montreal successfully killed all three penalties assessed against them, and converted on two of eight power play opportunities.
- Goaltender Aube Racine stopped all 17 shots she faced in the 3-0 victory.
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING:
"It's always exciting to play in front of our fans in the first home game of the season. But at the end of the day we need to be focusing on what we can control, doing the little details as we did against Concordia. We were a minute short from leaving Concordia last week with at least a point. As far as results, it's disappointing. But if you look at where we are at right now with 12 recruits on the team, we're really happy and excited. From a player standpoint, they need to focus on what they do well, working hard and bringing positive energy every day and that's what we're doing. It's exciting right now to be around the team." — Yanick Evola, Head Coach
"I think we played very well. We played an intense game and established our identity as a team, and that's what we showed in our first game of the season. So I think we'll be ready for our next game against Montreal this Sunday and we'll play some good hockey. Needless to say that I'm really looking forward to it, it's really special, I'm really happy to be a Gee-Gee, so it's fun." — Ariane Aubin, first-year forward.