February 22, 2020
- The Matchup: #5 Ottawa Gee-Gees (18-4, 2nd in the OUA East | 4th seed in OUA Playoffs) vs. #6 Ryerson Rams (16-6, 2nd in the OUA Central | 5th seed in OUA Playoffs)
- Location: Montpetit Hall (Ottawa, Ont.)
- Tip-off: 8:00 p.m. EST
- Watch Live: OUA.tv / Rogers TV Ottawa (Channel 22)
- Last Meeting: Ryerson def. Ottawa 91-67 – Jan. 24, 2020
OTTAWA GAME NOTES
- Major Stat Leaders
RYERSON GAME NOTES
- Major Stat Leaders
- Points (per game): Tevaun Kokko – 23.7 pts.
- Assists (per game): Tevaun Kokko – 4.6 ast.
- Rebounds (per game): Tanor Ngom – 11.5 reb.
- Field-goal percentage: Tanor Ngom – 63.5 per cent
- Three-point percentage: Tom Dumont – 49.0 per cent
PLAYERS TO WATCH
An outstanding performance from fifth-year point guard Calvin Epistola will be key for the Gee-Gees on Saturday. In last meeting between the teams, Epistola logged an uncharacteristic performance where he finished 4-16 from the field. If Epistola is his usual self in the game, the Rams will have their hands full with one of the nation's best all-around threats. Guarding the nation's best big, it will be key for Marlon Kordrostami to log a strong performance in the post.
In a battle of do-it-all point guards, the Rams feature a star in Tevaun Kokko. With 33 points in the last meeting between teams, the Gee-Gees will have to beware of Kokko's ability to take a game over offensively. The Gee-Gees will have to also work to shut down Tanor Ngom. The 7-2 forward had an outstanding game against the Gee-Gees in January, something Ottawa will try to prevent from happening twice.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR:
There is certainly no love lost between the teams as they have battled each other over the last decade for OUA prominence. Though the early years it was the Gee-Gees who dominated the matchups, it is now the Rams who have had Ottawa's number. The Rams have ended the Gee-Gees' season each of the last three years. This time, despite Ottawa being guaranteed a berth to the Final 8, the matchup is key in advancing to the OUA semifinals for the first time since 2017 and attempting to earn their own bid to the championship.
Earlier this season, the Rams flexed their muscles on the Gee-Gees in a lopsided win in Toronto, but now the Gee-Gees are winners of their last six and appear to be playing their best basketball ahead of the playoff push.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be available to stream live on OUA.tv as well as will be broadcast live on Rogers TV Ottawa. Purchase your tickets ahead of the game at tickets.geegees.ca. Follow @GeeGeesMBB on Twitter for live updates.