February 14 and 15, 2020
- The Matchup: #5 Ottawa Gee-Gees (16-4, 2nd in the OUA East) vs. Brock Badgers (12-8, T-3rd in the OUA Central) and McMaster Marauders (12-8, T-3rd in the OUA Central)
- Location: Ottawa, Ont. – Montpetit Hall
- Tip off: 8:00 p.m. EST
- Tickets: tickets.geegees.ca
- Watch Live: OUA.tv
- Last Meetings: Ottawa def. McMaster 103-78 – Nov. 23, 2018, Ottawa def. Brock 94-91 – Nov. 24, 2018
OTTAWA GAME NOTES
- Major Stat Leaders
BROCK GAME NOTES
- Major Stat Leaders
- Points (per game): Tyler Brown – 15.6 pts.
- Assists (per game): Tyler Brown – 5.5 ast.
- Rebounds (per game): Daniel Cayer – 10.2 reb.
- Field-goal percentage: Daniel Cayer – 49.1 per cent
- Three-point percentage: Noah Lapierre – 35.4 per cent
MCMASTER GAME NOTES
Major Stat Leaders
- Points (per game): Jordan Henry – 23.9 pts.
- Assists (per game): Jordan Henry – 5.2 ast.
- Rebounds (per game): Connor Gilmore – 8.0 reb.
- Field-goal percentage: Tristan Lindo – 53.2 per cent
- Three-point percentage: Sefa Otchere – 37.2 per cent
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
- On Saturday night, the Gee-Gees will celebrate the careers of fifth-year guards Calvin Epistola and Sean Stoqua, their two graduating seniors. Epistola closes his five-year regular season career in Garnet and Grey having crossed the 1,000-point threshold, as well as racked up over 300 rebounds, 300 assists and 150 steals. Stoqua has been a part of the Gee-Gees program since transferring from Acadia in 2016. Playing the 2017-18 and 2019-20 seasons with Ottawa, Stoqua has posted per game averages of 10 points, three rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.4 steals. Heading into the weekend, Stoqua sits 26 points shy of 1,000 career regular season points between his time with the Axemen and Gee-Gees.
- Following a landmark win against #1 Carleton last weekend, Ottawa will have their focuses reset on closing out the regular season on a high note against Brock and McMaster. With both teams having been ranked in the Top 10 this season, the weekend should be action packed with all teams looking to lock up playoff positioning in the OUA.
- With the majority of McMaster's losses coming in the range of 10 points or less, the Gee-Gees know they will likely get a battle with the Marauders. After the Gee-Gee defeated McMaster in an early season blowout last year, the teams have not met in 14 months. With the development of point guard Jordan Henry as an outstanding offensive threat, the Gee-Gees will need to be on top of their defensive game.
- Brock is a balanced team offensively with four players averaging over 12 points per game. Defensively, the Badgers rank third in the OUA in points a