Social Media Intern (3)
- Capture and create content for the team social media accounts
- Develop content strategy and calendar for team social media accounts
- Monitor team social media accounts
- Respond to direct messages on team social media accounts
- Attend practices and games
* All tasks will be done in collaboration with the Social Media Specialist and the Sports Information Officer
- Help increase fan attendance at games
- Help increase game webcast views
- Help facilitate Alumni Relations
- Help facilitate recruitment
- Help attract new athletes
* Interns will be measured on the outcome of these responsibilities
Experience with social media platforms and strategy development, a diverse knowledge of intercollegiate sports is required. Applicants must be a current student at the University of Ottawa. Students studying in communications, marketing and visual arts or similar programs are strongly encouraged to apply. Bilingualism is considered an asset. Prior experience or knowledge in photography, videography and graphic design is also considered an asset.
Interested candidates who meet the necessary job qualifications can send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com before August 12th 2019.
This position will work with the Digital Media Coordinator directly throughout the season to develop content for the team’s social media platforms. They will attend select practices and games to assist with the creation of high quality video and photo content.
Prior videography experience is a requirement. Basketball or sports videography experience is an asset. Sports photography experience is also considered an asset. Must own your own camera and editing software. Must be available for work in off-peak hours on evenings and weekends. Must be a current student at the University of Ottawa with a passion for the sport of basketball. Students studying Communications, Visual Arts, or similar are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please contact Spencer Murdock at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. Include program of study, year of study, a resume, and work samples with your email.